Radiation protection sector in Rwanda is dedicated to provide excellent services for the best interests of our diverse licensees, registrants and stakeholders.
• Develops and administers a system of notification of radiation related practices in Rwanda.
• Manages the national register of radiation sources.
• Issues authorizations for importing, exporting, using, storing, manufacturing, transporting and disposal of nuclear material, radiation sources and radiation generators.
• Conducts pre-licensing inspections for compliance with licensing requirements.
• Conducts routine/scheduled inspections on activities and facilities.
• Carries out random inspections to ensure safety compliance.
• Provide authorization and licensing the radiation monitoring service providers to comply licence requirements of radiation monitoring.
• Environmental Monitoring for Natural Occurring Radioactive Material (NORMs)